banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner
Genesee Joe
Genesee Joe
3:00pm - 8:00pm
927-FM TheDRIVE - Central New York's Best Rock
Request A Song
My Profile


Monday, December 10, 2018
BOB & TOM MORNINGS, GENESEE JOE AFTERNOONS! THE MOST CLASSIC ROCK EVERY HOUR ALL DAY!
 
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Entertainment News
Subscribe To This Feed

JANA KRAMER LASHES OUT AT BODY CRITICS: New mom Jana Kramer has had it up to here with unwanted pointers about her body. The One Tree Hill alum took to the ‘Gram to vent. She wrote: "Honestly I’m so frustrated and I need to vent this. wanted to post this photo (showing my stomach) because I wanted to show my journey back to healthy and my goodness I’m so glad I didn’t which is why this photo is now cropped." She recently received blowback for photos she shared of herself and son Jace Joseph, whom she welcomed in November with husband Mike Caussin. "No I didn’t get a tummy tuck, no I don’t have a personal chef, no I don’t have fortunes so I didn’t train everyday," she said. "Yes I had a C-section, yes I am still in pain and on meds but I do have a high pain tolerance."

SHAUN WEISS ARRESTED: Troubled Mighty Ducks alum Shaun Weiss was arrested for shoplifting $200 worth of goods from an L.A. Rite Aid, according to TMZ. This comes after his arrest in November for public intoxication.

THE BACHELOR CONTESTANT TRACY SHAPOFF APOLOGIZES FOR OFFENSIVE TWEETS: Bachelor Nation is rocked by controversy once again. After ABC revealed the names of the 30 women who would vie for Colton Underwood’s heart on The Bachelor’s upcoming season 23, fans uncovered offensive tweets posted by stylist Tracy Shapoff. She previously fat-shamed people and made racist comments; on Friday, she apologized. "I want to start by expressing my sincerest apologizes for the extremely hurtful words that I said many years ago," she wrote on Instagram on Friday. "I'm so sorry for those who I have offended. I am beyond mortified that I ever had those thoughts and then proceeded to express them. By no means does this reflect the person who I am today. To the people who do not know me, I am a loving, kind, thoughtful, generous, and compassionate woman. I am not mean-hearted or hurtful."

LISA VANDERPUMP OPENS UP ABOUT MONEY: Lisa Vanderpump prefers cash to credit, thanks. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star revealed in an InStyle interview published Friday: "You’re not gonna believe it, I don’t even have a credit card. I have a debit card, and it comes out of my account. Because if I had a credit card, I would never pay the bills. I just wouldn’t remember." And she does like the finer things in life, she admits. "My parents never lavished gifts and money on us. God, I hope they don’t read this. They were a bit stingy," she said. "I would get nice Christmas and birthday presents, but they were frugal. So I worked every school holiday."

CHRISTMAS ARRIVES AT KENSINGTON: The royal family is celebrating Christmas with a stunningly decorated 30-foot tree outside of the home where Prince William, Kate Middleton, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle live. The Historic Royal Palaces, a charity tasked with looking over historical landmarks, shared an image of the work that went into erecting and decorating the elegant tree.

0
comments



Subscribe To This Feed

Rumor has it that Eddie Murphy is being courted to replace Hart as host for the 2019 Academy Awards. According to RadarOnline, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences reached out to Murphy "in hopes that he would agree to host" after Kevin Hart stepped down from the gig following his refusal to apologize for old tweets with homophobic language. He later apologized.

NICK CANNON DEFENDS KEVIN HART

In other news, Nick Cannon defended Kevin Hart this weekend by posting old homophobic tweets from white comediennes. Nick found an old tweet from Chelsea Handler in 2010, which read, "This is what a f*g bird likes like when he flexes." Cannon retweeted Handler’s old tweet with the comment, "Interesting. I wonder if there was any backlash here…" Cannon followed up with additional tweets by Sarah Silverman and Amy Schumer.

When one fan said he should stop worrying about other people's tweets and make sure his are on the up and up, he said, "Nope!! You know I’ve been saying f*cked up sh*t since twitter started! I don’t play that politically correct bullshit! F*ck politics!! Only Truth!."

0
comments



Subscribe To This Feed

Kim Kardashian went to extraordinary lengths to protect her 10-month-old baby Chicago from the flu. She sent baby Chi to stay with Aunt Khloe in Cleveland in a bid to shield her from the flu ripping its way through their home.

"Yesterday was a hard day because we have the flu going around," the mom of three told Extra during the launch of her KKW Fragrance at Ulta Beauty in Los Angeles. She and husband Kanye West also share North and Saint.

Last year, Kim was reportedly traumatized by her son Saint’s (then 2) three-day stint in the hospital battling pneumonia over the holidays.

Khloe was more than happy to take Chi, sharing images of her with her own baby True, whom she shares with Tristan Thompson on Instagram Stories.

PLUS ….

Kim also opened up about her recent (much maligned) trip on a private 747 with Kanye, saying they took the trip because of his interest in architecture.

"He's really into architecture," she said. "So we flew to this island off of Japan to see this museum." Kim added, "He wanted to take his whole design crew and stuff to have his whole team get inspiration."

She also defended his phone use during a recent Cher Show on Broadway: "He was taking notes and writing things. He loved the stage show." As for him getting flak, she said, "He respects that. He apologized right away, 'I totally get it. I just had the worst etiquette and I'm sorry. I'll do better the next time.'"

MORE BABES?

In other KarJenner news, Khloe and Kylie are rumored to be trying to get pregnant again … together! They both welcomed True and Stormi, respectively, earlier this year, just months apart.

0
comments



Subscribe To This Feed

He’s ba-ack! After a period of relative quiet, Thomas Markle is back at it again, denouncing his estranged daughter Meghan Markle. Thomas famously launched the worst royal scandal in decades by posing for paid paparazzi shots, then backing out of Meghan’s wedding to Prince Harry at the last minute.

On Saturday, The Mail on Sunday posted an interview with the former lighting director, in which he bemoaned the "wall of silence" Meghan and Harry have erected around themselves.

Despite the 74-year-old’s numerous times he tried to call, text and write letters to her, "Everything has been met with a stony silence," he said.

WON’T BE QUIET

Thomas continued: "I'm hurt by what's happened but I'm not going to stay silent. … If she would just speak to me, things could be different. I love Meghan very much. I want her and Harry to have a beautiful, healthy baby and a great life."

Still, Thomas hopes he can sort things out with Meghan, and sees the fault lying with the royal family. "Their treatment of me is harsh, hurtful and unforgiving. I'm being punished for things I didn't say," he said. "It's all bulls--t. Meghan and I never had any problems before this."

OLD LETTERS

Thomas also shared notes Meghan wrote to him over the years. In one alleged missive, she wrote: "Daddy, I don't express as often as I should how much you mean to me. Everything you do for me has turned me into who I am and I am so grateful. All I want to do is make you proud… and I promise, no matter what, I'll do it. Thank you for everything daddy. I love you with all of my heart now and forever."

FEUD?

He also weighed in on the rumored feud between Meghan and Kate Middleton. "The Meghan I know was always sweet, kind, generous. She was always demanding but never rude," he said. "I don't want to say or do anything to hurt my daughter but I worry she is going to hurt herself."

0
comments



Subscribe To This Feed

Moving on, or trying to at least. After stepping down as host of the Oscars following a backlash against anti-gay tweets that he deleted from his timeline, the 39-year-old Kevin Hart shared images of himself onstage at a packed Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney. Meanwhile, several observers are denouncing the hypocrisy they see comparing the public’s reactions to his comments versus similar ones made by white women.

The crowd embraced him and he embraced their enthusiasm, writing: "All I can say is WOOOOOOOOW.....Thank you so much Sydney Australia....Making the world laugh is forever a priority. Blessed to be able to bring laughter on a international level & do what I love!!!!"

He did not mention the Oscars flap during the show, but did allude it to it, per E! News: "Always embrace your flaws and f--k ups."

HYPOCRISY?

Many people on social media questioned the different responses to Hart and Sarah Silverman, Amy Schumer and Chelsea Handler, all of whom have also tweeted out what many say are homophobic and racist remarks … and Silverman has performed in blackface, many pointed out.

Some fan of those comedians defended them, saying they apologized and changed their ways. But many remained unconvinced.

Saturday Night Live’s Michael Che denounced what he saw as hypocrisy on "Weekend Update," saying that Mel Gibson—who has been accused in the past for anti-Semitism and racism—was just nominated for an Oscar last year.

0
comments



Subscribe To This Feed

Disney’s Ralph Breaks the Internet, starring Sarah Silverman and John C. Reilly, is leading another sleepy box office weekend that didn’t see any new releases.

Ralph added $16.1 million to its coffers in its third weekend out, for a total of $140.9 million. Universal’s Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch nabbed $15.2 million in its fifth weekend out, for $223.5 million total. Creed II rounded out the top three with $10.3 million.

Next weekend may be more exciting, with pre-release Golden Globe nominations like Mary Poppins Returns and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse arriving.

0
comments



Subscribe To This Feed

Sky Brown and her partner JT Church have won Dancing with the Stars: Juniors. After a night full of Christmas-themed performances, and two perfect scores, the tiny dancers – and their mentor Alan Bersten – took home the first-ever DWTS: Juniors Mirror "Star" trophy.

"I’m going to miss seeing Alan and JT the most," Brown told host Frankie Muniz after her last performance of the night on Sunday. "They mean a lot to me, and I never wanted this to end."

"I just want to say to everyone, you’re all winners and I love you all and am going to miss you so much," she told the audience immediately after being crowned champ.

A 10-year-old powerhouse, Brown is best known as a skateboarding and surfing phenomenon and social media sensation. The athlete is one of the youngest girls to compete and medal at a professional skateboarding competition and is known to use her platform in skateboarding to promote positivity and empowerment to young girls around the world.

Last week, hosts Jordan Fisher and Frankie Muniz shocked the four remaiming teams – Ariana Greenblatt with Artyon Celestine, mentored by Brandon Armstrong; Mackenzie Ziegler with Sage Rosen, mentored by Gleb Savchenko; Miles Brown with Rylee Arnold, mentored by Lindsay Arnold; and Brown, Church and Bersten – with a big announcement. Instead of sending one team home, the four trios would all be heading to the finale.

On Sunday’s broadcast, each remaining duo reprised a routine from earlier in the season, this time with the addition of their pro mentors, as well as a holiday-themed freestyle performance. Here’s how the scores played out:

  • Sky Brown and JT Church – Salsa: 30/30; Freestyle: 30/30
  • Miles Brown and Rylee Arnold – Salsa: 28/30; Freestyle: 30/30
  • Mackenzie Ziegler and Sage Rosen – Cha-Cha: 28/30; Freestyle: 30/30
  • Ariana Greenblatt and Artyon Celestine – Jazz: 30/30; Freestyle: 28/30
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS JUNIORS SKY BROWN WINS THE COMPETITION
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS JUNIORS THE JUDGES ON SKY BROWNS FREESTYLE PERFORMANCE
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS JUNIORS THE JUDGES ON SKY BROWNS SALSA PERFORMANCE

0
comments



Subscribe To This Feed

Lawyers for the disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein filed court papers Friday claiming that one of his accusers accepted tickets to a movie premiere just hours after he allegedly attacked her. The accuser is one of two victims the Manhattan D.A. is using in its indictment; a third alleged victim’s charges were recently thrown out.

The unnamed accuser says Weinstein raped her in a hotel room on the morning of March 18th, 2013. That afternoon, his assistant allegedly gave her and a friend tickets a screening, per email records.

"The witness confirmed to counsel that she went to the movie screening that night with the victim and that they met Mr. Weinstein there," the papers state.

Weinstein’s lawyer Ben Brafman says this shows he didn’t attack her. "The witness was with the victim hours after the alleged rape, yet the victim did not say anything about being raped; instead, she chose to spend the evening with her friend and her alleged rapist!" the filing says.

Furthermore, Brafman claims the NYPD had evidence proving this a year ago, but did not turn over the compromising data. He also adds that she "continued a consensual sexual relationship" with Weinstein after the alleged attack.

Brafman is asking Justice James Burke to toss the case, saying it’s "riddled with serious misconduct and a rape allegation that simply cannot withstand further scrutiny."

The sexual assault charge put forward by a third accuser, Lucia Evans, was dropped after prosecutors revealed she’d made inconsistent statements and that a detective had tried to help cover up compromising information.

A hearing on a motion to dismiss is set for Dec. 20.

0
comments



Subscribe To This Feed

AVENGERS 4 TRAILER DROPS: The fourth Avengers movie is set to hit theaters on April 26th, 2019, and the trailer is previewing quite a ride. The first glimpse of the film sees heroic battles with cosmic consequences. At the end of The Avengers: Infinity War, the biggest hit of 2018, the world had half-ended. Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr., Brie Larson and Tom Holland are among the star-studded cast.

GEOFFREY OWENS JOINS HIDE AND SEEK: The Cosby Show alum Geoffrey Owens has joined the cast of CJ Entertainment horror remake Hide and Seek. Owens takes on the role of a security chief who helps protect a family from attacks. He joins Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Jacinda Barrett, Joe Pantoliano and Mustafa Shakir in the film, which begins shooting this week. Joel David Moore is directing.

TARA REID FILES $100M SUIT OVER SHARKNADO MERCHANDISE: Sharknado star Tara Reid has filed a $100 million suit against the Asylum, alleging that her likeness was used without her approval. Reid stars in all six installments of the franchise. In her lawsuit, she says her contract prevents producers from using her likeness on products related to gambling, alcohol, tobacco or sex without her written permission. She claims they violated the provision by using her image on beer cans and slot machines.

ABC SIGNS ON FOR THREADS: ABC is developing a fashion drama dubbed Threads from Lindsey Rosin (NBC’s Cruel Intentions). The story, penned by Rosin, focuses on aspiring designer Jessica, who becomes ensnared in a vicious battle for power when the designer at the brand she works for steps down. No word on possible air date.

0
comments



ENJOY THE DRIVE  ONLINE & ON THE GO

ONLINE
STREAM
FREE TuneIn
Apple App
FREE TuneIn
Android App

 



DRIVE Weather


More DRIVE Rock News
DRIVE Sports Updates
Breaking News
TheDRIVE Recommends