WXUR Standard Contest Rules*
Station(s): WXUR-FM 92.7 the DRIVE (the “Station”)
Station(s) Address: Suite 302, 1900 Genesee Street, Utica, NY 13502
Business Office/Studio: 1900 Genesee Street, Suite 302, Utica, NY 13502
Business Phone: 315-889-8088
92.7 TheDRIVE (‘the station’), Arjuna Broadcasting Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Eligibility and Limitations. Unless otherwise specified in the specific contest’s rules, participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 21- years old as determined by the Company and reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA). Limit (1) entry per person.
Limit one (1) prize per household (qualifying prizes excluded).
Prizes valued under $600: Limit one (1) prize per household within a thirty (30) day period. Prizes valued $600 to $999: Limit one (1) prize per household within a six (6) month period. Prizes valued $1,000 and higher: Limit one (1) prize per household within a twelve (12) month period.
Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and their immediate family members and those living in the same household of participating television stations, advertising agencies, corporate sponsors or any person or entity connected with the production, administration or judging of the auditions, or any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or representatives are not eligible. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate
and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children,
grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s),remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
In the of a prize involving an event that is cancelled or postponed, station reserves the right to substitute qualifying and grand prize of equal or lesser value.
In the event of an irregularity in the drawing process that in the sole discretion of the station raises doubt about the drawing being random the station reserves the right to void the drawing and randomly select the winners using another method.
2. Telephones and Delivery Disclaimer. The Company disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, `electronic transmission’, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or
unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
3. Publicity; Privacy. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or renumeration for such use. By participating in the Contest, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties as necessary to meet a company's policy or legal reqquirements and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
4. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
5. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information
provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person
winning over $600 in prizes from a station will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of thecalendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
6. Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the
decisions of Company personnel. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any
mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
7. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s
release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Company maysubstitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the Station(s) and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope. All entries become the property of the
Company and will not be returned. To be removed from our direct mail, email or fax lists, visit the main office of the Station during regular business hours, or send a self addressed stamped envelope with contest name to Arjuna Broadcasting Corporation, Suite 302 - 1900 Genesee Street, Utica, NY 13502
8. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc.as required by local and state law.
*Rules for specific contests that vary from the requirements or stipulations of the Standard Contest Rules will be posted online during the active contest period.