Eliza Dushku recently came forward to share allegations that she was molested by stunt coordinator Joel Kramer on the set of True Lies when she was 12 years old. Now, her legal guardian has come forward to corroborate her claims, and the agency that represented Kramer has dumped him.
"Eliza Dushku is telling the truth," Sue Booth-Forbes, who was assigned to protect her on-set when Dushku’s mother was not able to join her, said in a statement to Deadline.
- She said that she reported his behavior but that no action was taken.
- "I was met with blank stares and had the sense that I wasn’t telling that person anything they didn’t already know," she said.
- Kramer has denied the allegations, but Worldwide Production Agency has dropped him as a client. "Such behavior is unacceptable and entirely at odds with the standards of conduct we demand of ourselves, and expect from our clients," Richard Caleel, the agency’s president and general counsel, said.
- Jamie Lee Curtis, Dushku’s costar on True Lies, wrote a post about the alleged incident on HuffPo Sunday: "I was shocked and saddened then and still am today. What allegedly happened to Eliza, away from the safety net of all of us and our purview is a terrible, terrible thing to learn about and have to reconcile. The truth will set us all free."
A British politician is giving his girlfriend her walking papers after her shocking remarks about Meghan Markle became public. Henry Bolton, 54, is the leader of the U.K. Independence Party, and as he tells Good Morning Britain: "I don’t defend these comments whatsoever."
Jo Marney, a 25-year-old model, sent a friend Facebook messages describing Markle as a "dumb little commoner," and referring more generally to black people "ugly."
- The former Suits star is biracial and is set to marry Prince Harry. Marney opined that their marriage would "taint" the royal family and pave the way for a "black king."
- Marney later issued a semi-apology, claiming her remarks had been "taken completely out of context."
- Meanwhile, in happier royal engagement news, Lifetime is turning the story of their love into a movie titled: Harry & Meghan: The Royal Love Story.
- No premiere date has been set, but it appears to be headed for a bow ahead of the May 19th royal wedding.
PRINCESS CHARLOTTE RULES ROYAL ROOST: There’s no question of who’s the boss in England, according to Queen Elizabeth. The proud grandmother says Princess Charlotte, 2, lords over her brother Prince George, 4. When the 91-year-old chatted with a 10-year-old girl named Emily Clay, she asked her if she "looked after" her younger sister, Hadleigh. Her mother said, actually, "It’s the other way around." The Queen replied: "It’s like that with Charlotte and George." A source tells People that "confident" Charlotte is also settling well into her new preschool, Willcocks Nursery School.
LEAH REMINI SAYS SCIENTOLOGY IS BEHIND PAUL HAGGIS RAPE CLAIMS: Leah Remini and Mike Rinder, her co-host on the hit A&E series Scientology and the Aftermath, are claiming that Scientology is behind claims that director Paul Haggis has sexually harassed or assaulted four women. Three of the women made the accusations anonymously. Two of the accusers claim he raped them. In an open letter published in Variety, they say: "Those who accuse without going to law enforcement, those who seek hush money to keep their stories secret, those who make accusations to the media anonymously — they are suspect. And when the target of these tactics is someone who is a prominent critic of Scientology, it is very suspect." Haggis left the Church of Scientology in 2009 after 35 years. Haggis has denied all of the allegations.
VICTORIA BECKHAM SLAMMED OVER ‘TOO SKINNY’ MODEL: Victoria Beckham has come under fire for using what critics are calling an "emaciated" model in her latest ad campaign. The star’s followers dragged her after she posted a snap of a 29-year-old named Giedre Dukauskaite modeling her new eyewear collection. She captioned the shot: "Back to work! Start the year with new frames from the Spring Summer 2018 #VBEyewear collection inspired by 1970s retro classics and updated for a feathery-light, fresh and modern look." One user summarized the general tone of the outrage, commenting: "This is supposed to promote eyewear! You’ve lost me.. all this is promoting is a malnourished model with oversized clothes hanging off her. This a disgraceful image to demonstrate to young women what is fashion and how girls/women should look #neverbuyingvictoriabeckhamagain."
JAMES MARSDEN’S SON MAKES RUNWAY DEBUT: X-Men alum James Marsden was front and center when his 16-year-old son Jack made his runway debut in Milan Men’s Fashion Week for Dolce & Gabbana. He shared his excitement on Instagram. "Could not be more proud of my oldest son @jackmmarsden walking his first show for @dolcegabbana and their Men’s Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2018/2019 campaign in Milan today! Thank you Domenico and Stefano for having us!" he wrote. The children of Pam Anderson and Tommy Lee, plus the children of Diddy, Daniel Day-Lewis, Jude Law and Pierce Brosnan also took to the runway at Dolce & Gabana.
BLAKE LIVELY GETS WIGGY WITH IT FOR THE RHYTHM SECTION: Blake Lively was previously snapped looking less than her sparkling self for her upcoming role in The Rhythm Section, but the latest images show her in full glamazon mode, rocking a bold red lip and a red wig with pin-up girl bangs. The Rhythm Section follows her character Stephanie Patrick, who, according to The Hollywood Reporter, "is on a path of self-destruction after the death of her family in an airplane crash, a flight that she was meant to be on. After discovering that the crash was not an accident, her anger awakens a new sense of purpose and she rises to uncover the truth by adopting the identity of an assassin to track down those responsible. The new, and lethal, Stephanie Patrick is on a mission to fill the void between what she knows and what she is told." The film, also starring Jude Law, is set for a February 2019 release.
SHARON STONE HAD TO RELEARN ‘EVERYTHING’ AFTER BRAIN HEMORRHAGE: Sharon Stone had a 5% chance of living after suffering a brain hemorrhage. But the 59-year-old Basic Instinct star did indeed live, and in a new interview, she describes the brutal recovery process. She tells CBS Sunday Morning that her "whole life was wiped out. Others aren’t interested in a broken person. I was alone." She adds: "I’m sure I seemed peculiar coming through this all these years, and I didn’t want to tell everybody what was happening because, you know, this is not a forgiving environment. I’m so grateful to have this. The chance of my having it was so slim." Stone also discussed the sexual harassment plaguing Hollywood, laughingly claiming that she has "seen it all."
CAT DEELEY EXPECTING BABY NO. 2: So You Think You Can Dance host Cat Deeley is expecting tot number two with her comedian husband Patrick Kielty. Deely and Kielty welcomed their son Milo two years ago. She shared the news via Twitter, writing: "Over the moon to share that Milo is going to be a big brother," wrote the So You Think You Can Dance host on Saturday, January 13. "Can’t wait to be a family of four in the spring. We’re all so excited."
Actress Ashley Judd speculates that disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein set out to sabotage her career because she was not afraid to stand up to him.
"I was not frightened of Harvey Weinstein and I think that was why he blackballed me," Judd told host Stephen Sackur on BBC's Hardtalk.
- "I think that is why he blacklisted me and did unfortunately as we know now such a successful job sabotaging my career," she said during the interview.
- "He abused his power," Judd said.
- Judd is among the dozens of women in Hollywood who have accused Weinstein of harassing, assaulting or raping them over several decades. Weinstein denies allegations of nonconsensual sex.
- Meanwhile, according to a report in Page Six, Weinstein’s film company is managing to chug along and pay its employees despite fallout from the scandal and Weinstein’s own reported struggles with cash.
- Final details of the sale of The Weinstein Co. are being hammered out and are expected to be finalized this week. A group led by Maria Contreras-Sweet is buying TWC, with reported plans to install a woman-led board and rename it.
Jill Zarin shared a touching tribute to her late husband Bobby, who died at age 71 on Saturday following a long battle with thyroid cancer.
"Rest In Peace my love," she captioned a slideshow of photos of the two over the years. "Words cannot express the hole in my heart. Bobby taught me what true and deep love is. Thank you my love for sharing your life with me… for raising Allyson as if she was your own, being an amazing father and grandfather and teaching me how to be a better person. You inspire those around you to be the best they can be. I will never forget you… your legacy lives on through your beautiful children and grandchildren."
- She went on to say that she would continue to work and advocate for the International Thyroid Oncology Group so that "maybe this won’t happen to the next guy who draws the proverbial short straw."
- She thanked her friends, family and fans for their "incredible love."
- During his packed service on Monday at Riverside Memorial, which was attended by RHONY stars Bethenny Frankel, Sonja Morgan, Dorinda Medley and Aviva Drescher, along with Million Dollar Matchmaker’s Patti Stanger and President Donald Trump’s ex-wife Marla Maples, Jill spoke and moved her friends and family to tears, People reports.
- "I wasn’t sure if I could stand up here today," the 54-year-old said. "Bobby was an incredibly great husband, a great father, and grandfather, and a truly great friend."
- Jill’s RHONY costar Bethenny was among those who posted tributes to Bobby. According to Bethenny, it was Bobby who first gave her the opportunity to launch herself from being an unknown natural food chef into becoming the head of a $120M Skinnygirl empire via the RHONY franchise.
- "The first housewives producer who found me in the Hamptons just emailed me to tell me that it was Bobby who suggested me to her for RHONY," Frankel tweeted to her more than one million followers on Sunday, January 14.
Life’s a beach for Dakota Johnson and Chris Martin, from the looks of new photos of the pair.
Paparazzi snapped them going for a sweet, PDA-packed stroll. They have been reportedly dating since October, but have been trying to keep their romance under wraps.
- The 28-year-old Fifty Shades of Grey star and Coldplay frontman were spotted in Malibu Sunday, right after being seen dining together at Soho House in L.A. Saturday night.
- These sightings come on the heels of a romantic getaway in Aspen with her family over the holidays (her mother is Melanie Griffith and her father is Don Johnson) and a recent trip to Paris.
- Martin, 40, famously consciously uncoupled from Gwyneth Paltrow, who recently became engaged to Brad Falchuk.
JORDAN PEELE & TIFFANY HADDISH AMONG WINNERS OF NAACP IMAGE AWARDS: The winners of the 49th NAACP Image Awards in the non-televised categories were announced Sunday night during a gala dinner fete at the Pasadena Conference Center. Winners included Jordan Peele’s film Get Out, Tiffany Haddish for her work in Girls Trip and Idris Elba for his star turn in Thor: Ragnarok. The ceremony was hosted by The Real’s Adrienne Houghton, Loni Love, Jeannie Mai and Tamera Mowry-Housley and winners for 47 categories were announced, honoring outstanding representations and achievements of people of color in motion pictures, television, music and literature.
BBC FIGHTS BILL COSBY LAWSUIT: The BBC and the production company Sugar Films are set to fight a lawsuit filed by The Cosby Show producer Carsey-Werner claiming they infringed copyright protection in their documentary, Bill Cosby: Fall of an American Icon. In a new filing, Sugar Films notes: "Because Plaintiff’s The Cosby Show made Cosby an international celebrity, Fall naturally references that television series and uses short clips to illustrate his once iconic image as the quintessential family man before the recent allegations surfaced." Carsey-Werner alleged previously that the BBC and Sugar Films used too many clips of The Cosby Show in their film.
ER IS BACK ON HULU: NBC’s hit medical drama ER is being revived for the streaming era on Hulu. Megastar author Michael Crichton created the series, which follows the doctors and medical staff at Chicago’s County General Hospital circa 1994-2009. The show earned 23 Emmys and a record-busting 124 noms. "It was such an honor to be a part of this show. I was lucky to have worked with so many writers, actors and directors all at the top of their game," ER star George Clooney told Variety. "Most importantly I’ve made friends for a lifetime. I’m excited it will finally be streaming on Hulu." Will you tune in?
BBC LAUNCHES BBC IDEAS: The BBC has launched BBC Ideas, a long-in-the-works digital factual service that aims to be "more rewarding than stalking your ex’s ex’s ex on Facebook," according to Deadline. The service is now live and targets audiences ages 25-55 with "intelligent" audio, video and writing drawn from the BBC and third-party producers. "What would the world be like if everyone could write Chinese? Should we make sure driverless cars have a ‘conscience’ before they hit the roads? And how did David Bowie know the internet was going to be so big, way before (almost) everyone else? These are some of the questions that have been bouncing around our office in recent months, and if one of your New Year’s resolutions was to spend your time on the internet a bit more wisely, you’re in luck," said Executive Editor Bethan Jinkinson of the service.
PEAKY BLINDERS TRIO TO LAUNCH MOONAGE PICTURES: Will Gould, Matthew Read and Frith Tiplady are teaming up to launch a dramatic indie production house Moonage Pictures. The trio exec produced the BBC crime series Peaky Blinders, and expect to roll out other shows of its ilk. "The past 12 years at Tiger Aspect have been the time of my life, and I am very proud to have been part of the team that built the company’s drama department into the strong division it is today," Gould said in a statement. "But it’s time to return to my core passion: program-making. Moonage Pictures has been created to ensure that we provide the right creative environment to explore ideas and opportunities without limitation." Their first commission will be announced shortly.